Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 37 oh the music: I'm in New Orleans !!!

This is a side note, not to get you out of order, but I am just tripping over myself, here.  Partially, because I'm exhausted.  I rode about 80 miles yesterday, then came and drank and walked about 4 in New Orleans' French Quarter and Bywater.  I've come 2145 miles, five-hundred and thirty in the past week.  It has been hard, and both mind-numbing and bending.  And, like I said, just plain tiring.  But SO SO awesome, the land and people so surprising, I just can't understand, this beautiful and f'ed up world we live in.

Now I'm in New Orleans, and I didn't realize how much it would, but in the first five minutes it all made sense.  I've only been here a day, not even, but it was an instant feeling.  Crossing the ferry, and that humbling-huge Mississippi, the music, even the tourists; walking home late last night barely carrying myself, I relaxed.  For the first time in a long time, I feel at home where I am.

And I wish you were here.

***



2 comments:

  1. I wish I was there! You gorgeous thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me! To be Michelle Appel would be an adventure! I look forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete