Tuesday, May 24, 2011

This should have been at the beginning...Ocean Beach Bike Path, the starting point


For Dak and E-bunny and anyone else interested re: Ride and Kit - I am riding a 2011 Surly Crosscheck
I have since streamlined with one handlebar bag, and the sleeping pad and bag fit with everything else into two panniers; one of them is this awesome backpack pannier thingy from Ortlieb.  I love it!

I have with me:
Map, notebook, phone/camera, lights, U and cable lock:
First aid kit
Allen key set, wrench, levers, tubes, lube
Toothbrush, washscrubby, camp towel, sunscreen
Tank top, capri pants with riding short briefs, 
cycling shorts, a t-shirt, pants and top base-layer
Cook pot, stove, cup, utensil set
Tent, sleeping bag, pad (sort of light-weight)
Oatmeal, trail-mix and day-to-day variety, usually beans and veggies of some sort
Water, usually at least a gallon
postcard making materials, though I haven't had the time, yet
~35lbs

Not the absolute finest touring set-up there can be, but I'm rockin it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment